30A: Final Reflection

Image result for elon musk

1) Read through your posts from this semester. Recall all of the experiences you've had a long the way -- the highs, the lows -- the fun moments, and the moments of drudgery, and even the moments of dread.
Most weeks, mostly in the first half of the semester, I was excited to complete the assignments for this class. They tested what I wanted to learn and what I wanted to accomplish this semester as a mock entrepreneur. In the second half, I felt like the assignments were not really doing anything for me as an entrepreneur, but they were still interesting. I also had a really great time reading the assigned books.

2) What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous experience? What experience are you most proud of yourself for accomplishing?
The most formative experience for me was writing out my Venture Concept and seeing my idea fully fleshed out. That assignment really helped me understand what I need to know when creating a new product or service.

3) At the beginning of the semester, I mentioned that I wanted each of you to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. Now, at the end, do you see yourself as an entrepreneur? Do you think you have moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset?
I have always seen myself as an entrepreneur, but now I feel like I really have the tools to get out of college and, if I wanted to, start my own business and know how to run it. 

4) What is the one recommendation you would make to the students who are going to journey down this path in the future? What would you recommend they do to perform best in this course? What would you recommend they do to foster that mindset?
I recommend they set a schedule for themselves in completing the assignments and watching the lectures. For the whole semester, I've completed the assignments on Monday, and watched the lectures on Tuesday. If you give yourself a routine, you will find yourself completing the assignments on time and gaining a lot more from it.

Comments

  1. I too suggested that students set a schedule for themselves in order to finish the assignments on time. Getting into the groove of this scheduled routine definitely helped me stay on top of things so I was not rushing projects. The venture concept, for me, was not joyous but I understand how seeing your project fleshed out can be really satisfying. As you have always seen yourself as an entrepreneur, it is great that you found this class to really foster that desire and give you the means necessary in pursuing that career path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice for future students. I had trouble setting a schedule at first. Making sure I had enough time to set up and conduct interviews was often an issue for me. Had I set up weekly schedule and stuck to it I may not have had to wait until Friday to submit all my assignments, like I am doing now…

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

24A: Concept

25A: What's Next?

8A: Solving The Problem